Cloud Cybersecurity: becouse it’s a Priority
In recent years, we have experienced how cloud computing has driven digital transformation like no other technology disruption has before. In this sense, Cloud Levante presents us with one of the biggest challenges as technology consultants for companies of all sizes: to end the myths about cloud services and the security with which systems developed in cloud infrastructures operate.
Not all companies need the same cybersecurity service
La Cyberseguridad Cloud o en la nube se ha convertido en prioridad para las empresas que operan en la red. Sin seguridad, la tecnología pierde todo el valor que ofrece. En Cloud Levante identificamos los problemas de seguridad de las organizaciones y ofrecemos un plan de resolución para solucionarlos, por medio de soluciones específicas de seguridad centradas en:
Security risk assessment, mitigation and management: with cloud security services, security labs, compliance, risk and security strategy services.
Identify and respond to threats quickly and securely: managing intelligence and incident response, offensive security, consulting, threat management, detection and managed response.
Control and protection of the company, data, users and assets: with application security, data security, identity management and access services. And infrastructure services and endpoints.
Today, the cloud security phenomenon is generating major security challenges. Both cloud computing and cybersecurity have become the top priorities of companies with a high technological component. McAfee’s “Building Trust in a Cloudy Sky” Report, which highlights how cloud services are used by more than 90% of organizations around the world. In addition, 52% of respondents claim to have tracked a malware or infection in a SaaS application.
Whose responsibility is cloud security?
The most important thing is to understand what is being secured with these cybersecurity protocols, as well as all the functionalities that the solution must manage. In general, however, cybersecurity in the cloud can protect the following aspects from vulnerabilities and risks:
- Physical networks: routers, electrical power, wiring, climate controls, etc.
- Data storage, such as internal and external hard drives, pen drives, etc.
- Data servers enabled as computer hardware and software operating on a single central network.
- Hardware virtualization platforms, such as virtual machine software, host machines, and external (guest) machines.
- Operating systems (OS) available, such as software that supports all the computer functions of the company.
- Middleware, which refers to the management of the application programming interface (API). Execution and maintenance environments of a running program.
- Data and all information stored, modified and accessed from different users.
Whether your business needs security, identity and access management (IAM), good governance with threat prevention, detection and mitigation policies, data retention planning (DR) or business continuity (BC), the most correct is after a prior analysis of the situation and the desired objectives. To be able to establish the best security strategy tailored to the needs of the company. That’s the methodology we want to convey from Cloud Levante. Definitely something to consider, and to value for its short-term results.